Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Animals Around The World

Animals Around The World quilt
This is Joey's Animals Around The World quilt.  I made it from a cloth book pattern.  I cut the pages into blocks and put them on the design wall and using a lot of supporting fabrics ad-libbed until it was a quilt.  There are a lot of fabrics in it that are also in Aidan's Pirate quilt, and a few from Freya's Rubber Ducks quilt.  It was a lot of fun to make.  I used free-motion quilting on my machine at home.
detail of center of quilt
detail of Asia block and a wandering tiger.

detail of Australia block

detail of Africa Jungle block

detail of Europe block
I used a lot of 1" and 2" squares to fill in spaces.  Where the spaces didn't accommodate the 1" or 2" squares easily, I used beige map fabric, which is also on the back of the quilt.
backing of Animals Around The World quilt
This has pieces of rubber ducks, monkeys, beige map and colored map, lots of animals and pirate map, and ships at sea.
detail of label on Animals Around The World quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment