Friday, December 6, 2013

Down By The Bay

Down By the Bay quilt
This is Torrin's 1-year Birthday quilt.  I made it from a magazine pattern that was for selling Jim Shore fabrics.  I followed the pattern except where I ran out of fabric and had to improvise with something similar. 
Detail of pirate ship cornerstone on the Down By The Bay quilt.

I put blocks from Aidan's Pirate Quilt as cornerstones.  Three pirate ships and a pirate map are the cornerstones in this quilt.  I did free-motion quilting including outlining the lighthouses and buildings in the blocks.  I quilted in the sashing the words to the song "Down By The Bay", as well as each family member's name, and "Alaska 2013" and "Gig Harbor, WA 2013".  After quilting and binding and labeling the quilt I put red minky on the back.  So cozy!
Detail of lighthouse blocks.
Detail of lighthouse blocks.


Here I am showing off the backing.

No comments:

Post a Comment